Saturday, April 6, 2013

Recipe For Fun ~ Playdough

 Hey everybody!
 
       So exited to share my first post with everybody. I am calling my play recipes "Recipes For Fun" (catchy, right?), and my first post is one of those recipes. So, today I am going to be posting the instructions for homeade Playdough! Yay!

 Okay, so I have been looking online and got the gist of most of the ingriedients used in homeade Playdough, and kind of tweaked each one to guess the contents of my own, and it worked out really great! So here is the recipe that I ended up coming up with:

  • 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
  • 1 individual drink packet of Kool-Aid or Crystal Lite
  • .5 cups of table salt
  • 1 cup of boiling water
  • 3 cups (and have more handy) of flour

  Okay, so first I put 2 cups of flour into a large bowl, then add the rest of the dry ingriedients and the oil and mix them in with the flour. After those are all blended pretty well, add the boiling water and mix all of the contents very thoroughly. My mixture was very pasty at this  point, and so I added another cup of flour. Then it got pretty hard to mix, and thats when I started kneading with my hands. When you knead, your mixture may not be of your desired consistency and it will stick to your fingers. Thats when your other flour comes handy. Keep adding more and kneading until your Playdough is thick enough. Then begin playing!

  I just love this homeade Playdough recipe. You don't have to stress a ton that this is, as the actual Playdough company says, "Fun to play with, but not to eat!" (Though I wouldn't reccoment it as a snack(:) and it smells absolutely delicious! The extent of my Playdough abilities is a misshapen snake or snowman, but I am always finding myself playing with this stuff at home. It is so easy to make and both the playing and the making will keep the kids busy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment