Friday, June 7, 2013

Reviewing the Class

 Hi Blogspot(:

 Today, I fed the kids I was watching cherries with their lunch. Now, I made it crystal clear (they were pretty annoyed...) to spit the pits out when eating one. They are ages 7 and 10, so they obviously know that, but I was still nervous that they were going to choke, because I haven't practiced the Heimlich maneuver and CPR rescue skills very recently. So, while they were eating, I pulled out my binder and I read feverishly, looking up every ten seconds to make sure those pits were spit out every time they ate one, and practicing on a nearby pillow. I was a mess.

 So, that obviously led me to think to myself that I needed review, and for me it would be at least every two months, or more if I feel I need the practice. Review, I now realize, is totally necessary, and heaven forbid, if you are ever caught in a situation where a child is choking or is unconscious, you will be stuck not knowing what to do, and if I were in that position, feel really horrible about not knowing what I am supposed to. I mean, if you are not going to review or at least skim over it a couple of times every once in awhile, that's half of the course right there that was wasted.

 Hence the realization that I had today, I just felt like I needed to create a post... it also wouldn't hurt to review the less vital, but still pretty important parts of the class. If you didn't get a manual or anything like that, why not look online or read a book about the subject of babysitting? There are lots of good ones out there, and so see my next post about the one I really have found helpful(:

 Thanks, everyone! Have a great night! Comment for questions, suggestions, etc(:

No comments:

Post a Comment